Saturday, May 23, 2015

Love is not a 4 letter word - Part 1

Imagine being in your favorite store.  The sales person proudly displays all the newest trends and coolest gadgets, they all look so so awesome and you want them all.  BUT WAIT there’s More!  There’s something even better… This gadget is the top of the line and is better than everything else in the store – PLUS when you buy it, all the other gifts come for free…  Now that’s a sales pitch that is hard to refuse isn’t it?!  That’s what it’s like being in the kingdom lifestyle with God…  There are gifts that he wants to give to us – and it’s great to pursue those gifts.  But there is one gift that is better than all the rest – it’s a higher gift, a more excellent gift… Love.  “But earnestly desire the higher gifts” 1 Corinthians 12:31
The Way of Love
13 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned,[a] but have not love, I gain nothing.  1 Corinthians 13 English Standard Version (ESV)I added the underline here to make a point, because the bible also says in Matthew 6:33 “But seek first the kingdom of God (love) and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you”.   Are there things that you are hoping for, pressing for, pushing after?  Instead of striving to gain those things, what if it was on God’s heart to just simply give them to you?  It does say – seek him and it will be given. 
Without love, without God, we are nothing… But with God we are successful, with God we are gifted.   Do you have God in your life?  Sure we can become a success on our own – riches, houses, cars, material goods – but in the kingdom it says – without God we are nothing.  God doesn’t want to take that all away from you, He wants to amplify it in your life.  Can you imagine breaking through the barriers that have been holding you back because you chose to love God and put him first in your life?
Love is our biggest weapon against the enemy.  It is through love everything in life gets added to us.  It is through love that we can teach and heal, it is through love that miracles are birthed.

It’s time for your breakthrough…  Father God I declare over my loved one reading this that a divine revelation will come, revealing you to their hearts in a new way.  I thank you Jesus for washing us and making us clean, and for preparing us for a life of victory.  Show us how to pursue love in a healthy way.  Remove the scales from our hearts that keep us from loving you and from receiving your love.  God you are good all the time.  Your love is patient, your love is kind, your love doesn’t rejoice over our wrongs, you bear all things, you endure all things and you love us without end.  I thank you God that you are always proud of us.  I thank you that being rooted and grounded in you makes life worth living.  Give me a heart more like yours God – a heart to not be offended and to love even during persecutions.  I ask this all in Jesus name, 

No comments:

Post a Comment