Sunday, December 8, 2013

Princess Complex

I have a princess complex and it's gone to my head.  I lived in a castle and for the longest time, I had been thinking that my prince should show up any day and rescue me from the pit that I was in in my life.  But then one day, the lights went on...  Cinderella didn't really get rescued, she found the strength to break out!  When the wicked stepmother locked her in the tower that dreadful night, Cinderella knew that the man of her dreams was coming for her.  She found a focal point, she found determination, she found her courage.  With the help of her friends, she got the keys and unlocked the door that kept her from her future...  Sounds like a Jesus I know - giving us the keys through His word, and by having a relationship with him.  Jesus died on the cross to be able to give us those keys.  He went into the pits of hell to find them.  He valiantly stole them and now they are yours.  YOU have the keys to unlock the door of your prison.  What is it you are needing to get out of?  A dangerous relationship?  An addiction?  Poverty?  Mental health issues?  Take the keys Jesus is handing you and be free!  Read through the pages in the bible and feel God's love wash over you.  If you're new to this - you probably don't even know where to start.  Try Psalms... specifically my request for you is Psalms 139.  These are words that God wants you to hear - because He loves you, He values you, He ADORES you!  Be the prince or princess in your fairytale.  If you don't have a bible, there are many free resources out there.  One of my favorites is www.biblegateway.com

No comments:

Post a Comment